Pecan Pie is a Thanksgiving classic and has been made many different ways. Try this healthy pecan pie recipe sweetened by honey and orange zest instead of sugar.
-1/2 cup raw honey
-2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
-1/2 tsp fresh orange zest
-1/8 tsp sea salt
-1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
-1 tsp pure vanilla extract
-3 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
-2 cups raw pecans
-1 bottom pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine raw honey, coconut oil, fresh orange zest, sea salt, unsweetened almond milk, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, and whole wheat pastry flour. Stir to combine.
- Arrange the raw pecans into the prepared 9-inch pie crust.
- Pour the liquid filling mixture over the pecans, spreading some with a spoon if necessary.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes at 400º, then reduce the temperature to 350º and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- The pie will rise in the oven. You’ll know it’s done when it has small cracks in the top and is no longer jiggly.
- Remove pie from oven and allow to cool, preferably overnight.
- Slice, share, and enjoy.